Saturday, September 10, 2005

The First Days

Overall, I'd say the first two days of school went well. There was some confusion the first day due to some scheduling issues, but that was taken care of by the end of the day.

I will be teaching two special education inclusion classes, two "normal" classes and one "smart" class. There are some interesting little darling in each of these classes that may provide some challenges for my student teaching.

Most notably the student who claims to be in 9th grade, but is really in 7th. We'll call him Eddie. I can't imagine the guts it would take for a 7th grader to wander into a high school class and then to argue with people. Eddie didn't show up for the second day of school. I hope he stayed home and didn't go to the high school. Maybe the long weekend will allow him time to simmer down and realize that he really does want to be in 7th grade.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Preya said...

Hi, I student-teach next semester (secondary English) so it's nice to be able to read what other new teachers have to say. I just started my own blog in the hopes that it will keep me sane! http://englicious.blogspot.com Looking forward to reading about your experiences:)

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Vinny Quinn said...

Good luck Melissa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home