Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cold Roses


MINE MINE MINE!!!!! You have no idea how excited I was to pick this CD up today. Ok, maybe you do, but either way it is AMAZING. I swear there is something about sad boys with guitars that just makes my little heart go pitter patter.

Right...enough "gushing" as my friend Nick would say. Listening to the CD, I've realized that Ryan Adams' style is something like a softer version of the Grateful Dead. Am I crazy (or just slow) in making this observation? I guess it could be the similar song titles Sugar Magnolia (from American Beauty) and Magnolia Mountain that is making me think this, but I guess I'll have to research it further.

I also spent about 20 minutes talking to the store clerk about music, which is unusual for me. I'm a get in, get out type of girl. He knew his stuff though, I must admit.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to my wonderful new cd.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Kates said...

Aw, Ryan Adams is great. Have you checked our Rachel Yamagata? She is good stuff too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home