Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pre-QUEST Day 7

My goodness we got a lot of books today! QUEST is seriously reinforcing my already overflowing library!

Also, we explored (read: played with) stream tables today which I had never done before. I must admit that at first I was reminded of playing at the sand table in kindergarten.

::gets distracted by MYTHBUSTERS for 10 minutes::

Ok, I'm back on task now. Anyway, I liked our speakers approach of "not answering" students questions. However, I'm not sure if I am suited to that style of teaching. I like letting students discover things on their own, but I also tent to be a little picky when it comes to certain things. For example, I will insist that my students write in a dark color pen or pencil in PRINT for homeworks and tests. Besides I also like to shake things up a bit. :-)

Ok, I'm off to finish watching Mythbusters and then read my chapter for tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Matt C said...

I enjoyed the stream tables as well. I was surprised at the many different directions that you could take the lesson in. It has endless possibilities to be used with our future students

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Matt C said...

someone help!...my 2nd caterpiller just died....i wonder if it is cause my room is hot..so i moved the remaining two downstairs...god speed "fidget"...that was his name..

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh no Matt!!! Poor little fidget.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous VP said...

Eternal be the memory of "Fidget." I too fear for the health of my smallest catterpillar. He seems weak and smushy. I hope he does not shrivel up like the leaves that currently surround him in his makeshift habitat. I need some new fresh milkweed leaves. We got bumperstickers that say, "Got Milkweed?"

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Nigel Nunnelley said...

It''s quite impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home