Thursday, June 09, 2005

_.::YAWN STRETCH::._

I will probably not make many friends by writing this, but I have to say that lounging around without any responsibility is fantastic!

Of course, I think it is fair to say that I have earned this month of no real responsibilities. I’ve been spending most of my time reading books for pleasure of my personal summer reading list. After I finish my current book (The Speed of Dark, Elizabeth Moon) I need to re-read my Harry Potter books, so I can prepared for the release of the NEW book in July.

I’ve also been learning to cook. This is a somewhat tricky endeavour, as I’m known by my family as the “one who can’t even make cookies that you slice of a roll.” I’ve been using recipes mainly from MarthStewart.com, and they are actually pretty tasty. My favorite so far has been the almond chicken. The only strange thing, is that her cooking times for meat are really screwy – they are all way too short. Hmm….I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if Martha had some type of super stove!

As my room is the hottest room in the house, it’s time to end this entry and go find something cool to drink (read: gin and tonic).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home