Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'm an Alumni!!

From now on my posting will be more regular. All the festivities are over now. I could write a really long post about every detail of graduation and reunions, but my words could not do justice to the emotions I felt this past week. I'll keep this post to some of the highlights for the curious.

1. Princeton reunions are AMAZING! The highlight of the weekend was the P-Rade. The classes march from across camp with the oldest alumni marching first and ending with the graduating class (that's me!). Interestingly, for the "sweet" class of 2005 our first march in the P-Rade became a right of passage as the weather unleashed a torrential downpour right as it was our time to march. We were certainly a spectacle! It really is something to have all the alumni cheering you on as you march past.

2. Graduation activities, which last for a few days, were done in a way that only Princeton could accomplish. Everything was incredibly beautiful - from hearing Toni Morrison speak, seeing Yo-Yo Ma, listening to my classmates speak, hearing Graham give his salutatorian speech (in Latin) and finally walking out Fitz-Randolf gate. Just beautiful....

3. Lastly, it was hard to say goodbye to my friends. Even writing about it now I still get a little misty. I know I'll see many of my friends frequently, but it was really difficult for me to say a more permanent farewell to friends like Graham who has enlisted in the U.S. Army and will be starting boot camp next month or Jason who is moving back to Texas or a miriad of other friends who are going across the ocean, far, far away. Hopefully, we'll see each other soon.

Best of luck to those readers who are finishing up the school year. I plan to post details about my summer fellowship for inquiry based science tomorrow or Monday, but for now, Good Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home