Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Teachers are people too...

It is teacher appreciation week. Everyone should read this post at A Series of Inconsequential Events.

I can imagine that she must be feeling how I've been feeling for the past few weeks. Every since my switch from high school to middle school (which I'm still not really happy about).

Everyone I talk to beats me down about teaching. I don't understand. No one except my one friend (who is going to become a Rabbi)has anything positive to say about my "choice."

I'm really distraught. I hope I perk up soon.

Ok, enough moaning and groaning. Back to writing term papers.

4 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good ideas get negative reactions all the time. Every successful person has to endure those reactions. The only person you have to convince is yourself, because you're the one who has to live the live you've chosen. If you can do that, then don't worry about other people.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Pigs said...

Ah, well...what can you do? Teaching has really high highs and really low lows. People are very negative about teaching, which is one reason I like to write about the funny side of it. If I heard one more person say, "Those who can do, those who can't teach" when I was in education classes, I would've been on the verge of quitting. That single phrase annoys me more than any other. And now I'm on a tangent. Sorry to run off at the mouth (keyboard?) on your blog. Email me sometime! I'll talk you back into it. :o)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger girlwonder said...

i think it's awesome to teach, plus Oprah says teachers are her favorite people and come on, if Oprah says it - it can't be bad.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Polski3 said...

Heck, go with the flow.....if they think you're a bit 'mental' to go into teaching, tell 'em the truth; You hafta be a bit 'mental' to do this job, to enter this profession. Challenge "them" to try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home