Thursday, May 19, 2005

LAST Exam Tomorrow!!!!

My last exam is tomorrow for my Introduction to Music class. I'll admit I took this class partly because it would be easy for me and partly because I thought it would be a good supplement to my other music classes. Overall, it's been an well taught and interesting class. To prepare for the listening portion of the final, I've been listening to the assignments all day.

I was in the middle of listening to Copland's Appalachian Spring (1944) when a friend knocks on my door to ask why I was listening to the "Rice-a-Roni" song. I explained that it was for my music class. I think exams were getting to him, because his next comment was, "why would Aaron Copland write music for "Rice-a-Roni?" I love my friends.

Against my better judgement I went to the 12:01 am showing of STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH last night. There were a lot of "characters" there, but I had a good time and enjoyed the movie. In my opinion, the only really terrible part of the movie was the romantic dialogue between Hayden Whatshisname and Natalie Portman. I think that it completed the story nicely and was better than the first two combined!

Now I'm off to study with my friend, Mike. Hope everyone is enjoying (cough cough surviving) their last days of school/college/testing/etc.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Ms. Frazzled said...

Congratulations on finishing up! I thoroughly share your joy.

It's nice to find another soon-to-be-student-teacher out there. We perhaps will be some solace to each other in the coming months. Ha. Feel free to commiserate with me whenever.

And enjoy your summer for all its worth.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Only four more days left to teach. You bet I'm enjoying it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home