Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It's the Little Things


Today is a lovely day!! Let's check out the mood-o-meter (1 point for each thing I can list that has made me happy today):

1. The Hello Kitty binder a friend gave me.

2. The beautiful weather.

3. Finally realizing how close I am to earning my "stripes."

4. The excitment of going to see the new Star Wars at 12:01 am tomorrow.

5. Counting down the days until Charlie's visit (8!).

6. Having a truly wonderful violin lesson.

7. Finding some spare time to catch up on blog reading.

8. Finding a bag of Hershey's minis at my door from "a friend."

Those are all the things that come to mind. I thought it would be good to write a positive post for a change, since I've been doing a lot of whining, which I honestly don't really enjoy. I still have a bit of studying to do for my VERY LAST exam this Friday, but I want to leave you with this conversation I overheard in the middle school today.

Boy 1: DUDE!! Why can't you hang out with us on Saturday???
Boy 2: 'Cause I'm taking my girlfriend out to dinner and a movie.
Boy 1: That's so gay!!
Boy 2: Yeah Jimmy, going out with my girlfriend, that's real gay. Besides you shouldn't call people that, it's not nice.

I don't know if Boy 2 was being sarcastic or not (personally, I despise the derogatory use of the word "gay"), but I just found his answer very funny. If I had known their names or wasn't just dropping forms off at the office, I would have said something. Oh well, soon enough I'll be able to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home