Tuesday, March 22, 2005

An Open Letter

Dear Parents,

Please calm down. I am a student teacher. This does not make me incompetent. I am a Princeton University student in training to become a teacher. I have taken more than the required number of biology courses for certification and frankly, I know what I'm talking about. Furthermore, I am not even a true student teacher yet. I teach lessons a few times a month. These lessons are approved by my teacher prep. advisor as well as your child's regular teacher. I am not going to scar your children for life and their education is not suffering. If anything, they are more engaged then they usually are simply because I am different from their normal teacher.

Sincerely,

The Pseudo-Student Teacher

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Pigs said...

Ha ha! So true. Have they come in for a "chat" with the principal to express their "concern" yet? Parents are such a delight. Good luck! Stick with it!

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Vinny Quinn said...

Beware of that well known hate group...that mob of sanctimonious, pain in the arse know it alls: the general public. In our case they are parents. Or the way education is going, the customer. And remember, the customer is always...a sanctimonious pain in the arse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home