Thursday, February 10, 2005

Feminists are Confused

My little disclaimer before I start writing this is that I am specifically refer to only the females I actually know who consider themselves feminists.

That having been said, I think they are confused. These ladies are constantly talking about ways we should be closer to men. Naturally, being a woman, I am all for having women being equal to men in every aspect. However, I don't understand why feminst don't rejoice over simply being female (maybe there is a word for this, but I've never heard of one). Personally, I love being female. I love my body, I love that it has curves. I love that someday I will be able to (hopefully) experience the joys of pregnancy and motherhood. I absolutely adore crying at movies. I won't bore you to death with a luadry list, but it suffices to say that I love being a woman.

I just wish feminism could incorporate more of a love of ourselves.

In other news I am drinking IBC rootbeer which I haven't had in years and it is delicious!

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger msteacherblog said...

Speaking of crying. You ask me if I like MS over HS kids. I'll take ms, because I feel I can still reach them and make a difference. Of course, the secert of ms kids is you have to think like they do, which comes easy for me. Good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home