Tuesday, February 22, 2005

And I huffed and I puffed...

Thank goodness, I'm finally on the mend. Being so wretchedly sick that I was unable to get out of bed was getting old. Not only could I not get out of bed, but my head hurt so much that I couldn't even read! I was forced to entertain myself with daytime televisions. Shudders. I have nothing against the local news or daytime television in modest amounts but when that is the only thing you can entertain yourself with for days at a time it gets old.

How many times do I need to watch people get married on tv? For that matter how many times do I have to listen to women complain about their boyfriend who is sleeping with their half-sisters cousin who also happens to be a transexual? And why must all cartoon characters have such high pitched voices?

I don't mean to complain...WAIT! Yes, I do!

When did television become such a wasteland? When I was in high school there was usually some interesting documentary on the Discovery Channel or The Learning Channel. Now these channels are filled with either car/motorcycle/house building shows or marriage/birth/fashion shows. These channels used to have great stuff on them, especially the Discovery Channel. There would always be a show about some strange animal or a mummy or something that was actually educational and had me "discovering" something.

Anyway, thankfully I can get my head back into my books now. I've already finished my readings for class next week (grins). Now I'm about to go read my current pleasure book. The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature, by Matt Ridley. It doesn't sound like a pleasure book, but it is! It's a laymen's science book, but so far it has been bringing up some interesting questions. For example, is love rational? Maybe...maybe not. Right now I'm leaning towards not.

The reason I don't think love is rational is because my sweetie is driving me crazy - in a good way. He won't let me have my birthday present until my visit during spring break. Furthermore, he won't even tell me what it is other than that it will be a "HUGE" surprise and it's "AWESOME." I know I'm acting like a 3-year-old, but it's really driving me nuts that I don't know what it is. I just can't stop mentally guessing at possibilities. Most of you don't know me personally, so it's difficult to understand why I act this way. Part of it, is that I am an extremelly curious person - which is probably why I'm so interested by the sciences - and NEED to know everything.

Anyway, you all have better things to do then read my ramblings. Go play outside! Or read a book! OR go to bed!

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home