Thursday, January 27, 2005

Melissa's Adventures in Cooking!

I am a self-confessed cooking ignoramous. Don't believe me? Well, last year I attempted to make cookies for the holidays. The kind that you buy a roll of cookie dough, scoop it onto a cookie sheet, bake and *poof* you are finished! Obviously this product was not designed for the likes of me. My main problem was that I never knew that cookies were supposed to be gooey when you take them out of the oven...I thought they needed to be cooked more. If you don't see where this is going, I can tell you that it was not pretty - they were burnt to a crisp.

Lucky for me the past few days have been nothing like my cookie disaster. The night before last I made Lemon-Parsley Porkchops. These were really good! The only set back was that I had to cook them a little bit longer than the recipe indicated, so dinner was a little late, but that's not a big deal. Last night, I made Almond Crusted Chicken. I liked this even better than the pork chops. I think this was an easier recipe too, since it didn't involve any mincing or zestings of the ingredients. Although this one was much...slippery. The chicken almost got away from me while I was transfering it between the egg dipping bowl to the almond bowl.

Anyway, I'll keep you all updated on my adventures.

From a teaching standpoint, I made a lot of progress on my portfolio today. Instead of being a pile of papers scattered around my desk, it is now contained inside a very professional looking binder. It even has some snazzy clip art on the section dividers - very teacher-ly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home