Monday, January 31, 2005

I must be NUTS!

So about a year ago, I got the crazy idea that I wanted to play the violin. This isn't completely nuts seeing as I already play the piano, French horn, carillon and have some voice training. However, I am almost 22 years old. Most violinist start well under the age of ten. Even though the notation and muscianship part of playing the violin isn't proving to be too challenging. The technical aspects are going to drive me nuts for a while. It's frustrating because I know what I need to do and fully understand why I need to practically bend my arm out of my socket to hold my violin correctly, but my muscles just are not cooperating! Professional violinists make it look so EASY!!! However, if you really exam they way you are supposed to hold a violin it is one of the least logical things you will see. It just doesn't look natural to me. Anyway, this is the rant you get after I practice my violin for over an hour....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home